Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Days Twenty-Two and Twenty-Three

Though I have no pictures to show for it, yesterday really was quite fantastic. Teaching was difficult, and I didn't want to do anything for the rest of the day, but alas, I already had plans for lunch and dinner.
My lunch plans involved meeting Emily. Who is Emily, you may ask. Well, because Jess's mom checks people in at the airport, she frequently asks where they are going. Emily happened to tell Jess's mom that she was coming to Kiev- and lived very close to where Jess and I live. She has lived in Kiev for four years, and works as a missionary and in an orphanage. Jess and I ended up meeting her for lunch, and she told us all about places to go in Kiev, and how to survive here in Kiev.
After lunch, I met up with Lena's family. Tanya (she's 14 but looks 17) and her cousin Ura (he's getting married on Saturday) both speak English. They translated for me as I met the rest of the family. I absolutely loved them- they were so welcoming, and I felt right at home. Ura's parents have offered for me to stay at their house because Ura is moving out, and they want me to stay there. Their offer was completely random- I hadn't even talked about my host family to them. I'm not sure what's going to happen with this, but I'll keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment