Monday, September 7, 2009

Days Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen

This statue is one of many in Independence Square.


Could anyone resist those eyes? This is Matvie, Jess's host baby brother. I've seen a lot of him- literally (diapers are overrated).




Anything is possible with man power. Volva, Jess's host dad, Jess's dad Neil and Evon, Jess's host brother.



Warming my toes by the fire. It was raining almost the whole time we were there.





I think I have a crush.





Me, Jess and Sasha, her host sister.



I could learn a thing or two about making fires from Volva. He had this monster up and running before we even got there (he drove, we walked- it only took 15 minutes to walk though).






Frolicing in the woods is seems to be a common Ukrainian pass time. Jess's host family reveiled this jem to us Sunday night- it is conviently located right behind our apartments.



On our way to the branch get together shin-dig on Saturday, we stepped out of the metro into this madness. There were people dancing, doing gymnastics on trampolines, playing soccer, etc. in Independence Square. Sadly, I only managed to get this picture of some Asian dance, then my camera decided to die.





Walking home from school Friday, we were greeted with this sunset. It was cloudy every day last week (still is today) but it cleared up enough to see this.


No comments:

Post a Comment