Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day Sixteen.

While contemplating the meaning of life,



I saw some cute stray puppies.


And a see-saw.

Then, a little man made out of a popsicle stick. Ok, not really. I did make this little guy though, for my arts and crafts SPE. They came out pretty cute.
(After taking pictures of the stray puppies frolicking in the flours, I failed to notice that they were vigorously attempting to tear up my scarf, bag and laptop. I quickly extracted my belongings from their grasp, which further fueled their mischief- unable to walk away, I realized that they had moved to attacking my skirt. Not so cute anymore, I quickly ran away. Luckily, I survived with a mere scratch on the cover of my laptop.)

"Try the yogurt in Ukraine, it's amazing!" says everone who's been here.
"Hmm, well, ok. I know! I'll buy some for my Kitchen SPE and use it to make fruit dip- then I can try it."
That was not to be. Upon entering the store, I stared in awe at the isle of anonymous dairy products. Milk in bags? Unlabeled cheeses? Eventually, I settled upon a container that looked like it was yogurt- there were containers with different pictures on the front of different fruits. I assumed those were flavors, so I chose the one without fruit. Excited to try it, I was buzzing into my apartment when it dawned on me: this looks like a sour cream container. Sure enough, I rush upstairs and immediatly consult Anna. To my dismay, I did indeed buy sour cream instead of yogurt.
(I ended up mixing it with peanut butter and having them put it on their apples. It was actually not bad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment