Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Days Forty-Three and Forty-Four.

Prague

Most of my trip was spent in Prague. We stayed there for four nights, and spent three full days in the city.

This is a view of one side of Prague from. I love the red houses.



I had no food in my hands, yet these horses insisted on eating my fingers. They probably would have bitten them right off if I had let them.



The Worlds Biggest Crepe.
(With banana and Nutella. Does it get any better?)



This is a statue of St. John. He's really famous in Prague. The Queen (way back in medieval times) told him a secret. The king, of course, wanted to know. Because he wouldn't break the trust of the Queen, the king, after torturing him, killed him and threw him over the Charles Bridge. His body was later found and was rumored to have five stars around his head. Since then, he is always depicted with five stars around his head. If you touch the base of this particular statue on the Charles Bridge, your wish will come true in one day, one week, one month or one year (and it can't be materialistic).



The Vlatva River, which cuts Prague in half. This view is from the Charles Bridge.



One of the many churches here.



Exploring the back roads. Why can't the US look like this?



Anna and I eating apples and talking. Emily snuck up behind us and took a bunch of pictures.



This band was on the Charles Bridge every day. They played the best music. Watching them play was one of my favorite things to do.



The group in the Old Town Square outside of the Astronomical Clock. I have better pictures of the clock- it's incredible. I'll write more about that in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment