Monday, October 12, 2009

Days Forty-Six to Forty-Nine.

Arts and Crafts is my favorite SPE to do- surprised? Well, last week I decided to have a fall theme to my lessons. So, I made the most adorable pumpkin patch, and a fall tree with handprints on the leaves, with my kids. I wish I could get a picture, but my camera has not been working.
Today, one of my students, Kuzma, had his "Happy Birthday" (it's not just a birthday here, it's a Happy Birthday). He's quite a rambunctious kid (he's been described as a "hands down punk" from prior teachers) and it was adorable to see him all focused on setting the table, getting chairs and putting out food for his party. It is tradition here that when someone has a birthday, they throw a party for the rest of the class. It was a welcome break from teaching for twenty minutes.

As I mentioned before, my camera has been quite tempormental and so I'm still posting pictures from my trip.

This was on top of a cage that surrounded a fountain that used to be drinking water for the city. You can't drink it anymore.



Jewish cemetary where over 500 people are buried- it's in the Jewish Ghetto in Prague.



Christ on a pine tree. And a Saint with a pigeon on his head.



I really incredible statue. I honestly can't remember what it was of. Sorry my memory stinks.



Old Town Square, Prague.



The group in front of the Charles Bridge. There was a couple taking their wedding pictures to the left of us.



These trees reminded me of when KateLyn and I would make forts in the woods.



These delicious breads that they wrapped around what looked like a metal rolling pin which then rotated over coals. I'll post a picture of them cooking, it's really cool.



There are vines everywhere here. I love it so much.



My boyfriend. Isn't he handsome? I must say though, it was a bit too cold for bare feet.

1 comment:

  1. KayAnna, He looks just a but too old for you! I think he has a personality that is cold and hard, too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete