Monday, November 2, 2009

Days Sixty-Four to Seventy-One.

The past week I was in Poland and then Slovakia. I stayed at the Balloon Hostel in Krakow, Poland and The Ginger Monkey Hostel in Zdiar, Slovakia. While both were pretty great, the Ginger Monkey was by far my favorite.

Because Ukraine is getting hit pretty hard from the flu right now (I'm not sure if it's the Swine Flu or another- I keep hearing different things) I don't have to teach for the next three weeks. Sadly, I had to still fly back to Kiev last night. Hopefully though, I'll be able to get out and travel. Currently though, it's illegal to have large gatherings (even church is illegal in a lot of places) and people are encouraged to stay home as much as possible.

I'm only putting up a few pictures at a time, because I don't want to a) overwhelm anyone and b) I have all week at home to do it.

Megan, Meghan and I went on a hike on Thursday. Megan goes to Bates and runs track, so she knows the Fereshitians, Nezinscot Farm and Upper Street. Who would've thought I'd meet her in a hostel in Slovakia.



I want to live there. I hope no one minds if I move to Slovakia.



The High Tatras.



The Ginger Monkey Hostel in Zdiar, Slovakia.



The Balloon Hostel in Krakow, Poland.

1 comment: