Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Days Ninety-One to Ninety-Five.

Since it's the time of giving thanks, I'm going to do just that. [Part One].

Aunti Di. For as long as I can remember, her and Mom have made it possible for Jazzy and I to visit eachother every summer. Though I don't know most of my cousins well, at least I feel close to one. Thanks for that.



My health. Though I wouldn't say I feel perfect all the time, I'm so thankful that I was born healthy, with the ability to do things, like climb mountains and see beautiful snowpacks in July.



Chef. Sadly, I think I probably saw him more than Mom and Dad for two years running, but I don't regret it. He taught me so much, and not just about culinary.


Aunt Kathy. If I need to talk, I know that she's always there. Thanks for all the help, especially over the past few years.



Dad. Clam chowder and riding on the back of the lawnmower (then subsequently destroying the blade.. wheels.. screen door.. at least the lawns looked nice). Thanks for putting up with me.



Mom and Dad. They raised me. Thats enough to put me in debt for at least the next 18 years, right?



Our house in Maine. I'm so grateful that I can look back on the place where I grew up as not just a house- it was and still is my home. I love the woods, the gardens, the fire place, the yellow kitchen.



Nature. Livining in a city for the past four months has made me realize how much I value the peace and calm of nature.

1 comment: