Friday, November 6, 2009

Day Seventy-Five.

Aushwitz and Birkenau

I got the chance to go to the Birkenau and Aushwtiz concentration camps while in Poland. While it wasn't a fun way to spend six hours of my day, I'm really glad I went. I've learned about the Holocaust in every history class since I can remember, but actually being there made it that much more real. The hardest part was seeing the rooms that were filled with the prisoners belongings- suitcases, pots and pans, toothbrushes, babies clothes, shoes and two tons of human hair as well as a bolt of clothe that was made from human hair.





















2 comments:

  1. Thanks for those pictures, KayAnna. It's humbling to see. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude..that is ridiculous that you got to see that...it breaks my heart to even see it in pictures...

    ReplyDelete