Monday, July 11, 2011

Ode to Arezzo and Montepulciano.

Oh Montepulciano, why did you have to steal my heart? My relationship with Siena was finally improving. I was getting to know its quirks and, yes, even falling in love with them.

Then, I met you.

You’re really everything I look for in a city. You’re the epitome of carina. Your view of the Tuscan country is impeccable. Around every bend there’s another alley way that looks out over seemingly eternal fields and vivacious vineyards. You’re quiet and chock-full of colorful containers of flowers.

And you, Arezzo. Why art thou so wonderful? You even have a palio, like my dear Siena. Except yours is with jousting. How did you know I’ve always been in love with jousting? Oh, and how I adore your quant little shops and bubbling fountains, so tantalizing in the summer heat.

You make me go weak at the knees.

Alas, I need to reconcile with my choices in life, and since I have to live with Siena, I’d really appreciate if you’d both give me my heart back.






No comments:

Post a Comment