Sunday, June 26, 2011

Castiglione della Pescaia

Saturday we went on a wonderful day trip, planned by Anna, an Australian lady who stayed with us this past week. It was wonderful to have a "mom" around, planning and making sure we all got there safely. (She's 49 and has two children, lives in Australia but is very much Italian- she has family peppered throughout Italy. We miss her dearly.)




The port in Castiglione della Pescaia.



So happy to be in Italy. Layne is my saving grace here. We even eat at the same pace.


As usual, a castle on the top of a hill. I still am amazed every time I see one though.


If you want to be a mermaid, eat here! And, our friend from Senegal. I bought a beautiful woven bag from him, and Layne bought a cloth purse. Then he gave us free bracelets.


Yeah, we're pretty cool with our friendship bracelets.


Living here is pretty surreal. Despite the challenges, this is a pretty good description of how I feel when I realize how blessed I am to be here.

1 comment: