Friday, August 28, 2009

Day Four.

Today we traveled to Central school. Like the name implies, it is right in the middle of Kiev. It is probably my favorite of all of the schools- it is newly built, so this will be it's first year in use. After spending 6 hours there doing training, we all went to go get food. In the process, we split up into smaller groups. This is the St. Sophia Cathedral. It's only 2 Hyrvnia to go inside, but it was closing by the time we got there.


Another cathedral. I'm not sure which one this is.


This is what most of central Kiev looks like. Compared to this, I live in the ghetto.


Second successful self ordering! After 6 hours of training, it was well past 5 pm and I hadn't eaten since 9:45 am. All I wanted was food. We found this cute little Cafe, and as soon as we said "english" they brought out an english menu. I feel quite ignorant. It's like being mute and deaf!

This is Anna Milne and myself. Kendra, this is more for you so you can see what she looks like (not that you were asking). We get along really well- I wish I was teaching with her! We're at different school's though.
Some cool statues on this building that is almost exactly across from Central school. I love all of the statues and the architecture here.


Today was very tiring, and pretty stressful. We went through a lot of technical aspects of our trip, and worked for a very long time. Another girl, Nikki, and I, traversed the city by ourselves. I was quite proud of us- we got off and one the metro, walked around, and didn't get too lost. In just a few days I'm actually starting to get my bearings (to a degree).

No comments:

Post a Comment