Sunday, April 3, 2011

these are a few of my favorite things

We went to Payson and ran (well, walked) a 1 mile/5k "non-race". The point was to get people active, without having it be a competition. The girls were great- Megan even wanted to do the full 5k, so Kim and I continued with her, while Rusty stayed with Liz and Katie and played in the park. It was a lot of fun- and we even got these sweet medals at the end.

Liz doesn't like pictures. Can you tell?







Later that night, we did a bit of bedaubing:










...to make these pretty nifty yarn balls. You dip the yarn in glue and wrap it around a balloon. Once they're dry, you pop the balloon, leaving you with a whimsical little yarn ball to decorate with as your heart desires.

I love hanging out with my nieces. (Though I'm glad I can pass them off when they get too cranky.)

1 comment:

  1. oh that is cool! I was wondering if those yarn balls were full of yarn or not. love this

    ReplyDelete